Sometimes being a mom can be intimidating. You’re caught up in the daily rut, and your schedules and tasks revolve around your child’s school, feeding, nap and play routine. When it’s time to put your child to bed at night, fatigue seems to catch up with you and force you to take a well-deserved break.
Honestly, there’s nothing wrong with needing time off since your whole day revolves around your kids. Here are some movies that will help you relax and take your mind off things for a few hours. These movies not only help you get anxious, but also teach you a thing or two about motherhood and parenthood.
If you are a mother who wants to have a good time after putting her child to bed, you can enjoy the following films:
- Bird Box: If you’re the type who loves horror movies, you have to watch Bird Box, it’s the story of a mother who tries to get her two children to safety in a desperate dystopian world. It’s definitely not for the faint-hearted. If you can take a little thrill, this might be the right choice for you.
- Otherhood: A popular comedy called Otherhood, is definitely meant to make you laugh at all your mom exhaustion and have fun. The story revolves around 3 moms who feel neglected by their children and decide to pay a surprise visit to their children on Mother’s Day. It’s a moving movie for moms, it depicts life right after motherhood and calls it Otherhood.
- The Switch: This movie stars my favorite, Jennifer Anniston, and it’s an absolute delight to watch. It takes place in New York, where 2 single friends live their metropolitan life. Kassie played by Jen wants to have a baby and needs to do something about it. It’s a film that will have you feeling all hot over fuzzy. It definitely did me good.
- FUN DINNER FOR MOM: Sleepovers and a night full of fun aren’t just for kids but also for their moms. Call up your mom friends and have a movie marathon with them, because this movie just isn’t something you want to watch alone. With kids going to the same preschool, the moms make a connection and decide to have a fun casual dinner on a school night, initially looking like a disaster and after many twists and turns, the party finally begins and turns out to be one of the most fun nights for moms. Soon the moms realize that they have more in common with each other than their children.
- Mother’s Day: This rom-com is definitely ready to have fun in no time. If you’re looking to watch something different and fun, your search ends here. The plot revolves around several stories that eventually intersect on Mother’s Day. With Julia Roberts, Kate Hudson and Jennifer Anniston in the lead roles, you definitely can’t miss watching this movie.
If you are a mom, I’m sure your life must be tiring and petty thieves must be stealing all your time. We’ve jotted down this curated list, just to make you feel uplifted and release all tension and exhaustion.
So whether it’s a weekend binge with your partner, breastfeeding time, or a random Wednesday night, don’t forget to tune in to Netflix and enjoy. of these movies!